Sunday, September 11, 2016

Play-by-Play Sports: Progress Report


When I came back from my broadcasting camp, I met with my mentors to discuss what I learned. The camp was called, Play by Play sports, a sports broadcasting camp, where I got to learn more about the business and career aspects. When I was at the Sports Broadcasting Camp, I made videos with partners, while also doing individual workout preparations. They brought in experts in the business to discuss how they got their jobs in a competitive career and how they started out. The volunteers showed me that I need to have and do particular characteristics and features to accomplish my dream. My idol, Chris Rose from MLB and NFL Network, came in and told us his story. He told us that we need to work our brains out to succeed in the sports journalism field.


Adding on, at the camp we made play-by-play videos, anchoring videos, sports rants videos, while also having competitive parts in sports trivia to showcase our depth and knowledge in sports. We did many play-by-plays of memorable moments such as the Super Bowl Fifty, the North Carolina and Villanova NCAA tournament game, the Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors and the World Series between the Mets and Royals. I have fantastic knowledge in numerous sports such as, basketball, baseball and football, however, this trip to the UCLA Sports Broadcasting Camp made me want to learn about tennis, golf, olympic sports and college sports. If i can get a vast knowledge in those sports, then I would be able to get a job at NFL Network and my dream would be completed. This camp made me realize what I need to do thrive in the sports journalism business.



Overall, I learned that in this business, I will have to move, work hard and be able to do anything possible to accomplish my dream. By getting more background in softwares and the presence of live television, I know what it will be like to have a job at an international network. Hopefully, by continuing this stretch of my career in multimedia journalism and the genius project, it will give me the knowledge and the groundwork needed to succeed. The Genius Project will give colleges and businesses the ability to look at the footage that I have recorded. This task will give me more experience that I need in filming, editing, public speaking and writing. Through these events, I will persevere until I get my dream job at a desk at ESPN, NFL Network, covering a team in California or Fox sports.



No comments:

Post a Comment