Friday, September 9, 2016

The Genius Project Progress Report


Welcome to Jake’s Sports Network (JSN) and today we have a show for you. Hi, my name is Jake Fitzgerald and this is my sports blog. Welcome to the land of a dream. My genius project features sports podcasts, sports videos, and sports blog posts with other features that will help develop my expertise for one of the toughest businesses in the world. My genius project features my dream, the dream of being a sports broadcaster for a major industry like ESPN or NFL Network.

My idea is to create a live podcast or YouTube channel for broadcasting to show off my ability to talk in front of the camera, edit videos, stories, and produce something for colleges to see. It would involve the school’s sports, real life sports, town news, and even a podcast like Mike and Mike on ESPN. I plan to have various news stories to make sure that I have diverse knowledge in how to produce numerous stories for many topics. Most of the knowledge I have is in sports. I became highly passionate about talking sports in the 7th grade. Then, the following year I joined VMSTV, and I won a honorable mention at Student Television Network (STN).

The podcast consists of mostly football, baseball, and basketball. However, I plan to add other sports like hockey and golf. The podcast is on a site called Spreakre, which consists of a show that is about fifteen minutes. So far, I have produced one show (not live) with the purpose of talking about Joey Bosa’s contract holdout. My next show will be doing predictions for the NFL and NBA season.

The videos will vary from month to month. I plan on making about 1-2 videos a month: one about sports, one about a various subject, or a fun video like a music video.

Overall, the purpose of my genius project is to get my name out to the public for following my passion (personal legend) while also, getting experiences in other fields. I would also like to continue to improve my editing skills on IMovie and Final Cut Pro. Over the Summer, I went to a sports broadcasting camp and it helped my improve my skills and it helped me generate more goals for my project. I hope you enjoy this blog and upcoming videos. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will respond as quick as I can. Thanks and have a good day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment