Monday, September 19, 2016

Progress Report on Genius Project

This is project is getting me to know more of the fundamentals. I got what I wanted to get done! I have a few ideas of what I will be doing for my first ever live podcast on Speakre! It will mostly be about sports but, I will try to incorporate other aspects. For references, I have been listening to podcasts on the web and in the car to get myself a background on how a podcast is supposed to function.


I hope to accomplish a full podcast this weekend and possibly a post game and pre-game reports of NFL games. This will help me get prepared in the multimedia journalism aspect of my career for my elective. I will continue on watching feature stories like the ones produced by Steve Hartman and other pieces on ESPN or NFL Network. This project has opened up my eyes of the live production behind the scenes and in the studios of producing shows and newspapers. There is tremendous pressure when putting on a podcast, or live show because hundreds, to thousands, to millions of people could possibly be watching you live on television. It is really crazy to think about all the important aspects of producing a live show.

I plan to talk about key NFL games and headlines like rivals, teams that are 2-0, and how the Vikings will rebound due to Adrian Peterson's injury. There is a lot of buzz going around in the mid sports season about free agency pickups, fantasy football moves, and most importantly trade rumors! My goal for the podcast is to get up to a couple hundred viewers in one session before I graduate. It would be a tremendous confidence booster to know that people are listening to my reports and opinions. I hope that you could possibly listen in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment